Monday, June 22, 2009

Baby I'm Amazed

Note to Reader: You should softly hum Paul McCartney's song with me while you read this. Baby, I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time . . . Good, moving on.

Perhaps I've gained perspective, maturity, and experience with every child I've had. Perhaps, Quincy really is a "star" and completely deserving of her nickname. Perhaps, it is the very real possibility that she is our "icing on the cake" last child. But, for whatever reason, I am in love with my baby! (Can I say that?)

Quincy is truly delightful and I absolutely adore her. I can't begin to count how many times I kiss her every day, or how many times I find myself giggling over the seemingly insignificant things she does. It's ridiculous that an adult can be reduced to mush by something so small as the clapping of tiny hands.

Of course, I love all my children. And when I'm not completely frazzled by the pesky little "to do's" in our life, I just sit back in awe of my four kids and relish the precious moments we have as a little family. They are passing me by at an alarming pace. And more and more, I am realizing that this wonderful stage of innocent childhood, unabashed trust, and uninhibited love is fleeting.