Thursday, April 2, 2009

Naddy Bee & Her Kitchen

You may have noticed the "Hobble Creek Kitchen" button on the right of your screen. There's a story, nay a person, behind that. The one and only Natalie Pope, of course (she's the one in the apron). I met her when she wore red glasses and keds in first grade. She was also the first and only sixth grader I know to wear brooches to school. She wore spandex unitards to high school for laughs, mocked the "popular" girls till they cried, and accepted her homecoming queen title as a lifesize cardboard cutout. She also went through a phase of burning insense, wearing tie-dye, and religiously listening to Grateful Dead bootlegs. I roomed with her in college, where she let me live basically free. One of a kind girl, that Natalie. And a good friend, too. Today, she showed up at my door with lunch.

To many people's surprise, she is now a mother of three and an aspiring domestic goddess. Natalie loves to cook and is really quite good, so you should check out her blog by clicking on the Hobble Creek Kitchen button. If nothing else, you'll get a kick out of her sassy humor and the no nonsense attitude I've always loved about her. Because even though she cooks gourmet meals every night, she's never claimed to be perfect. In fact, as we sat in my messy house today eating take-out, I could rest assured she wasn't judging me because she is the one person I know that is messier than I am. And, even better, she doesn't care!

So, eat your heart out Rachel Ray, you ain't got nothin' on my Naddy Bee!