Monday, April 27, 2009

Family Reunions Galore

'Tis the season for reunions, I guess. We've spent three of the last four days attending family reunions. One for my mom's side of the family and one for my mother-in-law's side. And my kiddies loved it.
On Friday and Saturday, we had a 24-hour Morrison fest. The original plans of hiking and lounging by the pool were stifled by the weekend monsoon, but we had just as much fun with a bowling tournament, movies, basketball, and lots and lots of eating. Either way, my kids had a blast. They were absolutely smothered by my many young and adorable female cousins (11 in all?). Fisher loved being showered with attention and kisses from so many pretty girls. But I've learned that it is possible to have too much fun. By Saturday night, as we were trying to give all the kids baths, Loryn was sobbing incoherently, "Can't I just go to bed?"


On Monday, we gathered with my mother-in-law's family with so many little ones running rampant, they were impossible to count. At the end of it all, I feel blessed to be surrounded by so much family and so much love. My kids are extrememly lucky to see how many people love and support them, more than they can even remember or imagine.