Friday, April 10, 2009

Hippety Hoppety . . . and Overdue Tributes

Two days ago, the Easter Bunny made a "surprise" visit to our house. Luckily, we were conveniently holding a birthday party for my mother-in-law, Jody, at the same time! All the grandkids (and my brother, Jeffrey) loved the bunny's impromptu appearance. Soooo, many thanks to the bunny--one of the most thoughtful and fun bunnies I know.


And Happy Birthday to my mother-in-law. Not only did she do an incomparable job in raising a perfect son, but she is a wonderful lady. She cooks, she sews, and she's good to everybody she knows. Her heart and home are always open, and her conviction to the gospel is something she's never been ashamed to share. She is an enthusiastic and fun grandma to fourteen 1/2 grandkids, and she's wicked good on the golf course.

And, I have to give heartfelt thanks to "Auntie" Tiffany. I don't have any sisters and my brothers aren't married, so my sweet cousin Tiffany has assumed the role of "auntie." It's probably because she's the one feeding a newborn chocolate frosting. She also has been known to sneak them cookie dough and ice cream at alarmingly young ages. But, what are "aunties" for? So thanks to Tiffany and Megan for being the ones to get my kids hyped up on sugar before bedtime, teach them the art of wet-willies, and spoil them with gifts and fun-filled spontaneous visits. Because if you didn't do it, who would?