Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Little Things I'll Forget

There is likely no moment more sad to me than when my older girls ask me what they were like when they were toddlers like Fisher and Quincy. I can remember little bits and pieces to tell them, a cute phrase, a funny habit, but nothing really tangible or significant. And my heart bleeds. I pour my heart and soul into raising these little ones and I'm already forgetting. And they will too. Let that me a reason for all of us to be more dedicated journal-writers!!!!

Fisher is HILARIOUS right now. I wish I could bottle his little personality up in a jar and put it on a shelf. He is so delighted by things, and has such a funny little sense of humor. This year, he called Christmas "Chrikris." We thought it was funny. He talked incessantly about Santa, his reindeer, the sleigh, and the North Pole. He found a little maze sheet with the North Pole at the end and was convinced it was a map. He walked around showing it to everyone, weaving his finger through the maze and proudly concluding, "And that's how you get to the North Pole." One day, he even told me he was going to the North Pole himself and asked when we could leave.

Fisher is also pretty good at giving cute little prayers. All summer he prayed that we could go to Idaho to see Kathy and Paul. Once we went, he started praying that we could go swim at my friend Jamie's house. The other day he said thank you for Jesus Smith. So funny. And quite efficient really, he covered the two big guys with one name.

Quincy is pretty astute and intuitive. And it cracks me up to see the things she picks up on. We've been to see my Papa Ace quite a bit lately and she somehow surmised that he is sad. So now, whenever she talks to him or about him, she says Papa Ace Sad. As if it's his name. She also know where he lives. Everytime we drive down University Avenue, she points to Jamestown and shouts Papa Ace house! As I teach Fisher his alphabet, she picks up on the sounds just as quickly as he does. Same with counting.

My children also liven up our sacrament meetings, which does not have a lot of children. After each closing prayer, they loudly shout, "Time for Nursery!" After a musical number last week, Loryn forgot herself for a moment and clapped out loud. Then, she was so embarrased, she started to laugh, which made her snort. I got at least 20 comments afterward.