Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Jameson

This is my baby brother, Jameson. He has been nagging me to update my blog for the last six weeks that I've been MIA. So, dear brother and faithful blog reader, this is for you.

Jameson was born under truly inspired and miraculous circumstances, and his life has continued to be an against-the-odds fight since. Eight years his senior, we have always been in different phases of life. As a result, he has often born the brunt of my teenage angst or my frazzled motherhood.

The three of us siblings are all as different as night and day. But I have learned and grown from these differences and deeply appreciate them. I am so proud of Jameson. He has more fight and strength in him than he gives himself credit for. He is strong where I am weak. He has the sensitivity, passion, humor, and intensity that I have never had. And he'll quickly remind you that he's the "good looking" one in the family too. Amen to that.

I have admired the way he has bounced back from trials and challenges and continues to persist. And I know that he has great things ahead of him.

P.S. And I can't say enough how lucky I am that my kids have an uncle to wrestle with them, give them swirlies, and chase them around the house. They love their Uncle "Mint."