Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Holiday Rush

I'll be the first to admit that I LOVE being surrounded my so many people at the holiday season. I LOVE having the reason and the means to be busy at the Christmas season. I would really have it no other way. Having said that, however, I felt completely pooped by preparing for this holiday season. Perhaps I was much more inefficient than in years passed, or perhaps I am suffering the holiday blues that I've never understood, or perhaps there is just simply too much to do and not enough time to do it in. I am favoring the latter.

Between school programs, weddings, church programs, teaching lessons, birthdays, homemade neighbor gifts, family gifts, friends from out of town, house guests, taking food to EVERYTHING, and LOT of time consuming and ill-timed projects, I found myself becoming grouchy and frustrated. While all of these things are extremely good and I wouldn't trade ANY of them, perhaps I will learn my lesson for next year-- simplify.
But then, when all is said and done, you see the sweet smiles and feel the spirit of Christmas on that day. And it's all worth it. God bless us every one!