Monday, March 23, 2009

Loryn's Birthday

Loryn turned five over the weekend. Pinch myself, five! Where does the time go? And, as always seems to be the case in our family, the festivities were drawn out over several days. On Saturday, we hosted a Safari-themed birthday party for seven of Loryn's friends and cousins. It was a splendid adventure, and I have to thank my husband for being an absolute gem.

He dressed up as Safari Joe and lead the motley crew on a scooter safari around the neighborhood in search of treats that we'd hidden earlier. It was complete chaos and mayhem, but they loved every minute of it.

How many husbands would parade around the neighborhood on a scooter with a large stuffed snake wrapped around their bodies? Not many, that's for sure. So, I felt bad the next day when March Madness got the better of me, and I scolded him for watching too much basketball.

Anyway . . . Loryn's party was a success. And Sunday we celebrated her actual birthday with cake and ice cream and both sets of grandparents (and Tiffany) in attendance. It was a wonderful weekend in celebration of LoLo's life.

Loryn is my spunky spitfire who brings technicolor imagination to what would be an otherwise black-and-white sort of life. I appreciate her zeal and passion for everything she does. I am always waiting to see what she'll do next. She is also tender, insightful, and proactively helpful. She has been an absolute delight, and I feel so blessed for the opportunity of raising her.