Sunday, October 9, 2011

Moving Day!

We've lived at this house for longer than we've lived anywhere together. When we moved in on July 24 six years ago, we had two toddlers, neither of whom can remember living anywhere else. I have raised my children here. We have grown up here as a family. We have learned so much from our neighbors and ward members.

When we put our house up for sale more than a year ago, I kept saying that "a house is just a house." And while that's true, I didn't fully appreciate how hard it would be to leave the people and the neighborhood that made this house feel like a home.

It sounds terribly silly because we've only moved a handful of blocks. But, the occasion to rub shoulders with these people that we've come to love is gone. I don't see them as much and it's hard. The move went smoothly. The kids transitioned seamlessly. But the transition is still taking place for me. It's harder for adults, I think, to find a niche and settle into a groove.

But to end on a positive note, our yard is much bigger and flat for the first time in years! We are in the same ward with grandparents and cousins, we live across the street from an awesome park and we are surrounded by people we have known and loved for years. So here's to new beginnings!