Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lorynisms

"Mom, you should call this number so you can get a better life and be a better mom." -A commercial for a local trade college had just aired and apparently a compelling testimonial prompted Loryn to give me this little bit of life coaching. One thing is for sure, you have to have a healthy self-esteem if you spend much time with Loryn.

"Dad, I can't go to work for you. I don't know how to make the money. How do you make the money anyway?" Dan had asked Loryn to go to work for him and he would go to kindergarten for her. What ensued left us in stitches. Apparently we've been a little vague about what Dan actually does for work. Until now, a simple explanation that Dan makes money has sufficed. However, it appears she thinks Dan works for the treasury or the U.S. mint, and actually makes money at work.


I could go on for miles about the crazy things she says, but I realize that parents are usually the only ones who actually think what their kids say is funny. Sort of the same way that parents are usually the only ones think that their kids are cute. I get it, but I still think mine are cute and funny and that others aren't so much!