Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cousins

How lucky am I to have grown up with so many girl cousins my age? We haven't been all together at the same time for a long time. But it was a great opportunity to hang out this past week.

I guess cousins really are a treasure I've always taken for granted, both for myself and my kids. My cousin, Jenny, told me that her sons rarely see their cousins and haven't met some at all. As they were leaving our house one night, her son, exclaimed, "We have cousins!" My children have a whole gaggle of cousins within minutes, always ready and waiting to have fun. What a blessing. It also made me appreciate the efforts of my grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles to keep their kids close. The lovely ladies pictured above grew up in three different states, but we have shared so many amazing memories.