Saturday, January 9, 2010

Case in Point

I've often said that I "married up," meaning that I married someone far greater than my on merits warranted. And it's true. The above picture illustrates just one of the many reasons why. Our daughter got a little kids' sewing machine for Christmas that is a bit puzzling to operate. I have never been able to use a sewing machine, and the whole idea of them gives me anxiety. So my sweet husband sat down to show her how to sew.

Just a few days later, Loryn came home with tickets to the Utah Flash for that night. It's the local minor league basketball team and she thought she had done an absolutely wonderful thing in securing the free tickets for her family. Most parents would have found an excuse not to go, especially on such short notice. But Dan took the girls and made a night of it.

And he does laundry, dishes, all the finances, and changes diapers. He's amazing and I'm quite convinced I married the perfect man. OK, so he might not be perfect, but he's definitely perfect for me.