Sunday, May 15, 2011

Y Day

This year, I taught switched off every week teaching preschool to these two little kiddos. Her mother would take one week and I would take the other. As we brought the year to a close, the last week I taught was the letter Y. I took the kids to the BYU bookstore to find all the Y's we could and bought them each a Y shirt. And we topped in all off with donuts at the Cougar Eat.

Through all of this, I have decided that I am not nearly as patient as I thought I was, particularly with other people's children. I've also decided that I'm not cut out for teaching preschool. Every time I have that fleeting thought of homeschooling, I can remember preschool and embrace the goodness of public schooling once again! But, regardless, it was a good experience and I think the kids had a good time and learned a lot.