Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spring Break, Day 2

Every Tuesday, my mom and Jeffrey visit our Papa Ace, so we decided to tag along this time. Luckily, my kids love visiting Papa Ace because his retirement home has an aviary, fish tank, and duck pond. In addition, he is always so excited to see them and insists they drink his mini apple juices and cashews. They don't put up much of a fight, either. My sweet Papa Ace tears up every time we show up too. Such a tender heart.

It being springtime, with all the birds and the bees out (if you get my drift), we encountered some very feisty male ducks and some very pathetic beleagured female ducks. It was traumatic for us to watch, so we ditched the duck-feeding after a while and headed for McDonald's where the kids ate and played on the playplace. (I know, I know, my germophobe friends are panicking right now, and they have every right to be.) But I think they had fun and narrowly escaped without any major viruses.

After some naps and regrouping, we met up with our Hansen cousins for some bowling at Fat Cats. Quincy has never lasted happily through an entire game and Taylor hit Loryn in the face with a bowling ball and bloodied her lip, but other than those few hiccups, I think we had a good time!