Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last Weekend of Summer


So after a week chock full of fun, we had one last weekend before heading back to school. On Friday, we had a primary swim party. On Saturday, our daddy ran in a half marathon (as a non-runner, I am unbelievably proud!) and we had a backyard pizza night with friends. On Sunday night, we held our now annual family campout. Due to rain, we moved it indoors and slept in the tent in our family room. No one slept. On Monday, we bought last minutes school supplies, packed up the backpacks, and went out to dinner as a family to celebrate the beginning of school!
Summer went by too fast. Even for an exhausted mother. I like having my kids around. I like being able to have fun with them. I like going at our own pace, not being on a schedule, answering to no one. But there is beauty in balance, and we will all welcome the feeling of being productive, busy, and learning too.