Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last Day of Summer, Day 4

Lagoon! Lagoon was an annual summer event when I was growing up. I have just as much fun watching my kids enjoy it so much. And it's even better watching them share it with their cousins, just as I did.

We were completely unprepared for the virtual deluge that met us when we arrived. The literal second we entered the park, there was a torrential downpour the likes of which I have not seen in years. It lasted for three hours and we were all soaked to the bone. I, of course, didn't even have a sweatshirt for my kids.

My girls ran from ride to ride in the pouring rain, taking advantage of there being absolutely no lines. Fisher didn't complain once and we braved the rides for a while until I couldn't stand his violent shivering and teeth chattering any longer.

After lunch, the sun came out and we started to dry out. The storm chased away a lot of would-be park hoppers, so there was perfect weather and short lines. We lasted from opening to closing and we had SOOO much fun. Fisher was in absolute heaven and it was so much fun watching him get so excited about all the rides. Days like today epitomize the reason why I love being a mom-- watching my kids delight and sharing it with them.