Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Legacy Continues

There are few constants in life, not many things you can depend on. One of the few things that never change, though, is my Papa Ace's refrigerator being stocked with mini cans of Tree Top apple juice. Or his insistance that I eat, or take home with me, some nuts.

One of the prevailing memories of my childhood was drinking tiny cans of Tree Top apple juice on the back patio of Ace and Laynie's house. Now, that patio is being used by another family, my grandma has passed away, and Ace lives in an apartment. So much has changed . . . but not the Tree Top! Like the North Star, I tell you. On a recent visit, Papa Ace wouldn't let us leave his apartment without a can of apple juice in each of my kids' hands. Isn't it great that some things never change?