Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Holiday Flu

Inevitably at least some, if not all, of my kids get sick at Christmastime. This year, Quincy and Fisher got the lion's share of it with high fevers, aches, and chills. Quincy even had strep. And Fisher developed a lovely fever blister in his mouth!

 Look at the circles under her poor little eyes. I remember dragging her to the kids' Christmas concerts at school. She desperately didn't want to be there and slept in my arms through most of it. She was sad to miss her own class's performance.
 I guess the silver lining of sick kids for me has always been the snuggles. Typically, my kids don't sit still long enough for me to take care of them and cuddle them. But I love the chance to hold my kids and take care of them, especially now that they're getting older.