Sunday, October 5, 2014

Taylor's 13th Birthday

Taylor's birthday fell on a Tuesday this year. On odd years, the kids have "family" birthdays as opposed to "friend" birthdays. So, this year Taylor got french toast and Kneaders syrup for breakfast. Then, I took donuts into her math class at the junior high. Then, Dan and I took her to DP Cheesesteak for lunch. (Yes, our celebrations usually revolve around food!) After school, we went to Fisher's soccer game and then the whole family went to Brick Oven for dinner. Taylor had her grandparents and cousins over for cake and ice cream the Sunday before her birthday. Here we are cheering on Fisher at his soccer game. It had been an usually cold and rainy week.





I can't believe my baby is an official teenager! I was surprised by all the feelings I had as I prepared for her birthday this year. While she is growing into an amazing young lady, I couldn't help feel sad at the passing of time. Literally, where is the time going?! As the oldest, Taylor has had to patient with us as we've learned how to be parents through trial and error. She has been an easy, steady, constant child. She is so helpful, so nurturing and patient, a natural athlete, and has a very quirky sense of humor. She has been an wonderful blessing in our lives and I feel so lucky to be her mom. She has taught me so much.




Taylor has been shamelessly BEGGING for an iPod Touch for years now. And we told her "no" with equal conviction. So, imagine her surprise when she opened one for her birthday! We had wrapped it within several different size boxes, so she had to keep unwrapping until she finally got down to the iPod. This was her honest-to-goodness reaction and I am so happy to have caught it on camera. This is the most emotion you'll ever see from Taylor, so we had to make sure it was well documented.