Friday, October 25, 2013

Brrr! Spring Soccer


I can honestly say that I don't know if I have ever been colder in my life than I have been at my kids' spring soccer games. This one of Loryn's had to be right at the top of the list. I know it doesn't look that cold, but it was positively frigid. It was raining sideways, right into our faces. And the wind was gusting, knocking chairs over and blowing the ball backwards. Our poor girls muscled through this game like real troopers, but I'm sure they were downright miserable. I love this photo of our "dynamic defense duo," Katie and Loryn. Nothing like a family effort on the defensive line! And yes, those are the supportive sibling fans hiding underneath the blankets and chairs.

And Fisher. My sweet Fisher. You'd be hard pressed to find a little boy with more excitement for the game. He spends most of his time fist pumping, high fiving, jumping up and down, and giving his parents thumbs up. But we're feeling hopeful that actual playing will come in time! I love my happy boy.