Saturday, April 17, 2010

Knick Knack Paddy Whack

I just found this photo of a laundry room on one of my new favorite blog's, http://placetobloom.blogspot.com/. The whole blog post that features this laundry room is dedicated to the perfectly decorated house of someone I don't know. Chock full of a color palate I'm too bashful to try and well-placed knick knacks I would never dare showcase.

And I felt the need to offer a heaping dose of "Ross Reality" to the world. Never in my life has my laundry room ever looked like this. Nor will it, unfortunately. My sister-in-law, bless her soul, has a laundry room that looks like this. And every time I leave her house, I have a nervous breakdown. There is no trace that she actually does laundry there.

And the knick knacks! There is no way a well-placed knick knack would remain well-placed at my house. I visited a neighbor yesterday with my two youngest. She had a wine rack (though she doesn't drink) with beautiful, decorative glass bottles on ground level. Really? I spent the entire duration of what was supposed to be a "meeting" rescuing precious items from the evil clutches of my 18 month old!