Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Birthday You Two!

This week we celebrated the birthdays of two of my favoritest people: my mom and my baby girl. Unfortunately, my attempt at a party for my mom took a turn for the worst as my family entered the early stages of a 4-day long bout with the stomach flu. I'm sure her birthday cake wasn't very appetizing knowing that I was cleaning up kids' throw-up in between bites.

But my mom is a trooper, what can I say. She is truly incredible and I don't tell her enough. She never ceases to amaze me and I will spend the rest of my life just trying to be a fraction of the mother she was to me. So Hapy 35th Birthday Mom! (We measure age by looks in this family).

As for Quincy, she turned 1 on October 21st. I felt so guilty that I let such a monumental milestone go unacknowledge because I didn't have the energy to get off the couch. Luckily, she will never know the difference! Never fear, we will let her perform the sacred rite of tearing into her first birthday cake this weekend.