Monday, July 13, 2009

Repenting

Who could ever lose their cool with these little angels? Well, I did today. Perhaps summer has gotten the better of me, or maybe I temporarily lost sight of the ultimate goal. But, for whatever reason, my patience temporarily escaped me today. Nothing drastic, never you fear. I chided them for saying how bored they were, how there was nothing to do at our house, yada yada. Yeah, we've all heard it. But I guess today I had heard it one (or fifty) too many times.

But, truth be told, the fault was mine. I was trying to clean out the cupboards and had left them to their own devices for far too long. Once again, I need to learn the lesson: God doesn't care about my cupboards, or my tile, or the laundry. Ten years from now, I won't remember that they got cleaned today and neither will my kids. What they will remember is that I finally refocused and took them to the dollar store to get sand toys for the sandbox.

P.S. The cool photo is courtesy of my "playing" with Photoshop and the tutorials from my beloved cousin Jenny. Thanks Jen!