Monday, July 20, 2009

The Obligatory Doilie

As I was preparing for my Young Women's lesson this week, I was wondering what I could do to make it extra special or interesting, so I turned to some popular websites dedicated to this very purpose. In my searching, I stumbled upon the fruits of many LDS women's creativity. For my lesson alone, there were specially designed bookmarks, stunning handouts, treat ideas, visual aides, clever poems and songs, etc. After sifting through all these websites and concluding that I am the world's worst Young Women's advisor, I went upstairs to vent to Dan. There is a whole other world out there, Dan, I said.

He didn't indulge my pity party for a second, though. It's all ridiculous he argued. You women and your doilies! Do you know what men need to teach a lesson? Chalk and the scriptures! You don't need a tablecloth, treats, visual aides, a special gimmick, and especially not a doilie!

So this is what they mean by yin and yang!