Friday, May 7, 2010

Fun Run 2010

The legendary Rock Canyon Fun Run was held today. For those who don't know, the "fun" run is a competitive 2.5 mile race held at Rock Canyon Elementary from the beginning of time. In their day, my husband took home a medal and so did my little brother. It is a race to go down in the annals of history.

For the last two years, Taylor has taken fourth place, narrowly missing the coveted podium and adulation of the onlooking school. This year, she took third in her grade and we were so proud! I ran with Loryn and she finished the race like a real trooper. Even though the run was optional for kindergartners, she was determined to finish and she ran most of the way.

I'm so proud of my little family. Maybe I should take a cue from my daughters and my husband and start running myself. Wouldn't that be something?