Sunday, June 26, 2011

Loryn's Family Program

I have been on hiatus from blogging. Don't think I don't notice the irony that a writing-loving English major has completely lost the motivation to write and the ability to string sentences together! But, alas, I have returned in a less-than-valiant attempt to chronicle the goings on of our lives. An embarrassing amount of weeks have passed since Loryn had her "One Big Happy Family" program at school. She sang with gusto and purpose as only Loryn could. Loryn is my singer, like her dad. I'm not talking about ability so much as love. The two of them are ALWAYS humming and singing, sometimes on tune and sometimes with the right words.

I love my little Lo Lo and can't believe she is growing up so fast. Next year, she's off to second grade and I can barely stand it. She is such a delight. Many years ago I served in the Young Women's presidency with Loryn's first grade teacher, Mrs. Niccoli. At the time, her husband was diagnosed with cancer and ultimately passed away. Over the course of this school year, Mrs. Niccoli started dating someone, got engaged, and got married weeks after school let out for summer. Loryn was all abuzz with the latest details of Mrs. Niccoli's romance and upcoming wedding. Loryn is such a romantic!