Monday, March 22, 2010

I Love This Girl!

Today Loryn turned six years old. It's only fitting that she was born the day after spring because she is the spring in the step of this family. In the words of the great Kevin Henkes (author of "Chrysanthemum"), she is "precious and priceless and fascinating and winsome." She's kept us on our toes literally since the moment I went into labor with her. My labor was a wild and surprising ride and I don't think I've had a moment of pause since. From reflux and colic to swallowed dimes and stitches to silly dances and sillier songs, she is a one of a kind original. Her every emotion is intense and genuine. She has a very tender heart and is instinctively loving. I absolutely adore her and feel so blessed to be her mom.

Dan and I were able to have a private donut breakfast with her this morning without any of the other kids to steal her spotlight. We had a little birthday interview with her and these were the results:

Favorite colors: pink and purple
The best thing that happened to her this year: Tetons with Grandma and Grandpa Fisher
Her best friend: Katie Hansen (and enemy, I might add!)
Her favorite food: chicken bundles
When she grows up: a dentist
Favorite song: "Far Away Places" (a lullaby my mom sang to me, no idea of the origin!)
Favorite activities: crafts, playing princess, MarioKart
Least favorite food: melted cheese
Loryn is so ____: "pretty"
I am best at _____: funny dances
The coolest thing about me: my crazy thumb! (it's wicked double jointed)