Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Mother of Two Again

Every now and then life hands us opportunities to gain new perspective. This week my parents took Taylor and Loryn to the Tetons (saints, aren't they?), which left me home with my two little ones. My world was turned somewhat upside down, and I find myself wondering what I did when I only had two kids. And more, what did I do when my oldest was just a toddler that barely talks? So, I find myself with a little treasure of time to reconnect with my "babies" and focus solely on them.

Yesterday we went to the mall to play on the dinosaurs and then played on the swingset in the yard. I am ashamed to admit that it's been months since I've done either. It was a great day and I could see Fisher's joy in the being the center of attention for a while.