Friday, December 12, 2008

Last Will and Testament


So, today Dan and I signed our last will and testament. It is a grave and reflective moment as you consider the measures taken in the event of your sickness and death. It's never easy to answer the tough questions required for such a process. Do I want all measures to be taken to prolong my life? Who will care for my children if we die? Who will I trust with our money if we die? Who do I want to make medical decisions for me when I am unable? At what age do I trust my children to manage their money wisely? Such weighty questions combined with my impending thirtieth birthday have sent me into a contemplative and sentimental tail-spin! And surely the postpartum hormones don't help. Ultimately, I've come away with this message--seize the day and treasure every seemingly trivial moment you're given. I guess this all comes at the heels of reading Randy Pausch's Last Lectures-- an interesting and quick read for anyone looking. Carpe Diem!