Thursday, November 13, 2008

Halloween

Because I am truly cruel, I dressed my poor son up as a girl for Halloween. He wouldn't wear any "real" costumes, so this way he didn't know he was actually dressed up. He bears an uncanny (and creepy) resemblance to our daughter Taylor. And those who didn't know him couldn't believe he was actually a boy! A little unsettling for us all. Taylor and Loryn were witches and little Quincy, only nine days old, was too little to dress up.
The kids had a great time trick-or-treating in the unusually warm weather and because they're not huge candy fans, I had a great time eating their stash!
Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays because I used to love any excuse to dress up. My friends and I jumped at any chance to show off our latest thrift store finds. Although I didn't dress up this year, it was so much fun to see my four kids count down the days and get so excited to strut their stuff at their school parades.